Pages

Monday, 8 August 2011

Newmarket 5k results

Results from last Thursday's 5k race came through. Surprisingly it didn't do nearly as bad as I thought it might. 112th out of 118 might not sound like an impressive achievement, but the field was very competitive, made up mostly by experienced club runners who have been doing this for years and posses enviable physiques. While I am a slow, slightly podgy, well-meaning beginner who only started running in April.

Regardless, I am pretty chuffed: this is my PB on the distance! And I am slowly edging towards a running pace of 9 min per mile, which would be a very respectable half-marathon pace if I could keep it up, and a major improvement on the 13 min per mile pace of my very first run all those weeks ago.

Must keep training!

No comments:

Post a Comment